Monday, January 12, 2009

January 06-12

This was the last week of the Christmas holidays. I had a special
highlight for this year. I played in the band for the Kings' Day
parade of our town on Monday. It was a lot of fun to march with the
band and play Christmas songs. After Tuesday, our schedule got back to
normal. The kids are back and school, and Maribel and I are back to
our normal teaching schedules. On Thursday I ate lunch with Antonio
and Gloria. I have witnessed very clearly to them in the past. But
last week I shared with them the concept of making a profession of
faith. It seems that they have slowly come (at least close) to the
point of faith, but they have never made a real profession of faith. I
had to be careful to help them understand Romans 10.9, 13. Antonio
wasn't sure if I was asking him to stand up at church and share all of
his sins. Gloria thought perhaps it meant that they had to go out on
the street and start preaching. In the end it was clear. Antonio told
me directly that he had placed his faith in Christ, even though he
still struggles with doubts. On Sunday morning in the service, he told
the congregation that he knew he was a sinner, but that the Lord is
working in his heart. Every time I spend time with them I am more and
more impressed with what the Lord is doing in their hearts. On Friday
I spent the morning with Israel preparing for the new series of
sermons that we will be preaching on Ephesians. We had good services
yesterday, even though Ana María was out of town and Lorenzo was sick.
Israel preached about love from 1 John 4. Antonio and Gloria were in
the service, and Antonio had some good questions. After the service
they stayed for lunch. We had a good time around the table. In the
evening we had a special service in which we watched the film Flame in
the Wind. The people were challenged by the stand for Christ that was
depicted in the film.

David & Maribel
davidnmaribel@gmail.com
"vide ministerium quod accepisti in Domino ut illud impleas" Col 4.17

No comments: