Monday, March 16, 2009

March 10-16

We had an extremely busy week! But there were many blessings. First
of all, we were finally able to get our garage painted where we meet
for church. The fresh paint and color make everything much brighter
and cleaner! We are thankful for this improvement. Even though I did
not do the work myself, it created quite a bit of cleanup, but we are
thankful to have that job done! On Monday I had an interesting
opportunity to be on the radio about the students who will be coming
to study Spanish this summer. Lord willing we will be able to have
them in people's homes from here, and in that way be able to reach out
to the community with a strong testimony. Please pray for us that we
will find the right families and that God would work in their hearts.
I had a special blessing at the university this week. As I was walking
across campus I saw one of my students from last year sitting under a
tree reading a book. It looked to me a little like a Bible, so I
stopped and talked to her. I invited her to come to the Bible study
(that same day), and she did! I praise the Lord for this new contact.
The Lord has really encouraged me through it! It was also an important
week for us as family. Andrea turned nine this week! We were able to
celebrate with her classmates on Wednesday in a park and with family
and church friends on Sunday afternoon. On Sunday morning Israel
preached from Ephesians 6 about the Christian in the workplace, and on
Sunday evening I preached about the concept of discipleship in Luke.

David & Maribel
davidnmaribel@gmail.com
"vide ministerium quod accepisti in Domino ut illud impleas" Col 4.17

No comments: