Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 5-11

Israel had an operation on his knee this week. We are thankful that everything seemed to go well. I was able to spend a few hours with him on Tuesday morning. On Wednesday we had a good group for the Bible study on the campus. I was happy to see one of my students who told me that he would be there and explained that he hadn't come for a few weeks due to conflicts. After the study, one of my students stayed behind to ask me some questions about my beliefs. I was also able to spend a few hours with Antonio this week getting back into our Bible study. On Sunday I preached a summary message from the Sermon on the Mount. I believe that the two topics which are central to the sermon are the Priorities and Motivations of true disciples. In the evening at our Bible study in San Vicente we took some time to meditate and study about these two concepts.

- - - - - - -
A Israel le han intervenido la rodilla esta semana. Damos gracias a Dios que todo parece haber ido bastante bien. El martes pude pasar algunas horas con él y estuvo de muy buen ánimo. El miércoles tuvimos un buen grupo para el estudio en el campus. Uno de mis alumnos que vino hace varias semanas me vio antes y me explicó que no había vuelto al estudio por complicaciones en su horario, pero ese día sí que venía. Y después del estudio, una de mis alumnos se quedó para hacer varias preguntas sobre lo que creo. También pude volver a un estudio bíblico con Antonio (lo dejamos porque se fue de viaje un mes). El domingo prediqué un mensaje para resumir lo que hemos visto del sermón del monte. Enfatizamos los dos temas importantes en el sermón: las prioridades y motivaciones del verdadero discípulo. Por la tarde en el estudio en San Vicente consideramos varios aspectos de estos conceptos en Filipenses 1.

David & Maribel
Sum contenti Deõ enim dixit non me deseret neque derelinquet

No comments: